Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 360 Black Swan

So close to Christmas. I'm really excited this year. My boys are getting older, Sam well and truly understands the magic of the lead up and the day.. not to mention to the joy and imagination of Santa and the Elves. Jacob is obsessed with Christmas Trees and decorations. Like, completely obsessed. The joy and happiness on his face whenever he sees tinsel and decorations is priceless.

I'm enjoying that Sam is happy to listen to the story of Jesus' birth. It's important to me that my boys not only enjoy the magic of Christmas which involves family, friends, Santa, presents, yummy food and decorations but to also really understand the reason for why we celebrate this day. The birth of Jesus.

Sam loves playing with the Nativity set, I often find one of the wise men pretending to be Joseph, the angel pretending to be Mary and one of the sheep pretending to be Baby Jesus. :P

---------------

Today, Lewy and I spent the morning organising, pottering, cleaning and working towards getting things ready  for the big weekend. To treat ourselves, we enjoyed lunch at Black Swan Restaurant in the Swan Valley.


The stunning view of the vineyards from our table.




Lewy and I like to pretend we are food critics when we eat out. Seriously. :P We enjoy good food and like to discuss the pros and cons of each dish.

Entree. 
Her: Scallops, cauliflower dressing, caper and raisin dressing
Him: Char sui pork belly, Balmain bugs, grapefruit, frizze’


The verdict?
Her: Drool. Only criticism was there was a bit too much salt. 
Him: It was alright, pork belly was a bit overcooked but overall, just okay. 


The Main.
Her: Crispy skin salmon, mougrabiah, beetroot, green beans, feta salad
Him: Wagyu rump, marble score 9+, fontina dauphinoise potato, Shiraz jus


The verdict?
Her: Salmon was cooked perfectly, salad was a beautiful blend of all ingredients. Delish! 
Him: Very nice. Meat was slightly overcooked in the centre, potato was great. 




A really lovely afternoon :)

-------------------

In other very random news, I received a text message early this morning from Ethiopia :-/ Yes. Ethiopia. Apparently my name is Abeba and I have been asked to call Tadele from Nazerat. After some sneaky sleuthing by Lewy, Nazerat is the main newspaper in Ethiopia. So, yeah. Either it's the wrong number, or I have a secret life I know nothing about :P

-------------------

Christmas Giveaway!


I use www.random.org to pick a number for me. Fair is fair.

CONGRATULATIONS ....... da da da dum....


VAL!


A $10 Target gift voucher is all yours!

-------------------

Happy Days!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh YUMMY lunch!!! *drool*.

I cannot wait until Hannah is "into" Christmas like Sam, and the magic comes alive!!!

Congrats Val on winning the voucher!

Val said...

Thanks Claire for the congrats....can't wait!! How nice does that lunch look....umm...DROOL!!!! The view is stunning....xxx