Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Work

I have officially entered the workforce. And it was goooood. :P Lewy asked me this morning "Aren't you nervous?" Me: "No way! I'm finally getting out of the house, woohoo!".


You can take the blogger out of the house, but you can't take the blogger out of the girl. Did that make sense? I'm tired and it's the best I can do :P Basically, what I'm trying to say is that even though I'm all 'responsible worker' now, I still had to take photo evidence for the blog.

That's enough Tracey, you are too tired to try being clever. It's completely not working.

Here's my cute little desk.


Oh and this is no ordinary pen. My mother in law Sharon kindly gave this to me as a 'congratulations on getting a job' present. Sweet huh?


I apologise in advance for traumatising you with a close up photo of my chest... I just wanted to show you the detail on my shirt. I love it even though it might be a little 'piratey' :P


I accidentally forgot to take my depression medication this morning, which was pretty bad timing on my part! Withdrawals... they are hard! I felt like my brain was trying to grow out of my skull all day. Never fear, I am happily medicated now and starting to feel my brain calming down :) Nothing could bring me down today!

I have hit the wall now. It's been a big day, but oh so satisfying. I cannot tell you how good it feels to be more 'myself' again.

In other news, even though Sam's birthday isn't until the end of February ... I've started to jot down ideas and start some planning. Is that over the top too early? :P I spent some time with Sam last night, going through the Party Cake book so he could choose the theme he wanted. We have the theme sorted and I've got some brilliant ideas for a special day.

Sam must have had his birthday on his mind too, as he quietly came to me in the middle of the night and whispered in  my ear "is my birthday party tomorrow? will there be presents waiting for me in the morning?" Oh bless him. After a little chat, he was happy to wait for the real day.

The boys did really well at daycare today with the extended time. They seemed to adjust perfectly, although I was told that 30 minutes before I arrived to pick them up, Sam got a picture of me (that the daycare keep on a wall for the kids... not just of me, photos of other parents too.... I don't think a photo of just me would make the other kids that happy...enough Tracey, enough).. um, anyway Sam got a photo of me and cuddled it until I arrived. So sweet but breaks my heart a little!

Lewy went back to work today as well. Long service officially over! He was very ready to get back into things though... the only shame was that it was a 39 degree day and he had to work outside. Ugh!

So when we all got home today, we let the boys cool down in the little pool and we chatted about our day. It was lovely.

I'll sign off before I go to sleep :) Evening all and sweet sweet dreams xx

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sooo glad everything went smoothly for you and the boys today!!! :)
I was going to call you to see how it all went but i think ill save it for another time as you sound rather tired. xxxx talk to you really soon :)

izzie said...

Yes, so glad it went well! Enjoy the changes!!

Claire said...

I'm so glad you had a great first day and it all went well :-) You look lovely by the way! I did think of you yesterday, I realised it was Wednesday 28th and your first day at work :-)

Val said...

Great news hun that everything went like....extremely well...except not taking the medication!! Obviously way TOO excited to be getting out the house you forgot the medication!! Ooppss....look so happy and so glad the boys did well!! Not sure what it is with Sam's b.day....must be that "feeling" in the air...as I actually bought Sam's b.day pressie y.day...I saw this thing and thought it's "perfect" for him!! How funny how we think alike....:-)