Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 353 A whole new world

Guys, this is probably the 2nd most important post I've written since I started this blog. The first being my declaration of having Depression. That was pretty big right?! This post could almost be just as big but in a GOOD way. :P Life as I know it about to change!

I wore my lucky shoes today...


and I was nervous (although it does look like I'm seriously unimpressed in this photo!).....


because, my friends, today I went for a job interview. My first interview since leaving work almost 4 years ago. My appointment was 9.30am this morning, and by 12.30pm I received the call that I got the job! Yahoo!

I'm ready, so SO ready to return back to the working world. I miss it. You are now looking at the new Personal Assistant to the CEO & Chief Operations and Business Manager of an Aged Care organisation. It's a perfect role for me, fantastic pay, full time work, lovely office, plenty of parking, room for growth and promotion and from what I can tell, great people to work for. I.am.over.the.moon! I start in between Christmas and New Years, just a few days so I can get myself settled in and find my way around the place.

To celebrate Lewy and I went to this funky cafe/wine bar in Leederville (is there any place in Leederville that isn't funky?) for a cuppa before we went to our lunch plans.




Then we moved onto Giardini's to meet up with my current boss Ian and his lovely wife Fiona. My boss actually knew I got the job before me! Apparently he and my now new boss had quite the conversation about me and Ian was sure I had it in the bag!



Ian and Fiona... gorgeous. Fiona (a celebrant) married Lewy and I, so it's a very special relationship we have with this couple :)


Just found out I got the job... see how big my smile is?! Happy!


I'm still going to be keeping up my work with Ian for a short while, until I get to the point that I can't do it any longer.

Next year is looking to be a whole freakin' lot better than this year was!  Let's face it, I struggled through right? I am very much looking forward to the new challenges and changes that face us next year. We will adjust to what we need to and work through it together, good things are coming.

Bring it on

Lewy and I have some big plans tomorrow so stay tuned! I wasn't kidding when I said this was a big week!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oh wow wow WOW!!! This is just absolutely fantastic news - WELL DONE YOU!! HUUUUUGE congratulations! How thoroughly exciting!!!!!!!!! I'm so very happy for you hun :-)

PS: So, THAT is Ian!!!

xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

WHOA! Congratulations!! That IS a big change! Can't wait to hear all the details, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

Great news Tracey - congrats! Love Janelle