Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 253 Fathers Day

Some things I love about my Dad: 

* He is kind, humble, strong and smart;
* He is hugely talented in many areas, but doesn't know it;
* He is easy to talk to, thinks deeply and is wise. 


Happy Fathers Day Dad... I'm a lucky daughter. 

 -------------------

Our morning began with Lewy having a much needed sleep in, me serving a cooked brekky and hot coffee when he woke up and basically just enjoying a quiet, relaxing day together. Sam has said Happy Fathers Day to Lewy about 1000 times already, it's pretty sweet.



Even though it's Lewys' special day, he wanted to make us a nice dinner for tonight.. so this is what we are going to enjoy: http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2007/july/thai-rice-sambal Looks good doesn't it! 


You know I was thinking the other day... there are lessons and insights into life everywhere you look. Sometimes I will pray that I need a little lift or some revelation in a certain area... and it always come in the place I least expect it.

I've just started reading a new book called 'Leaving the World' by Douglas Kennedy. (Has anyone read it?) I've only just started so will let you know the verdict!


So as I as reading, this sentence jumped out like it had neon lights around it.

"No one gets away lightly in life, and the moment you think you've arrived is the moment it all goes wrong."


I like when I'm reminded that life is a journey. Lewy often says to me "this is a marathon, not a sprint' and these reminders help me to take things a little slower, to breathe and reflect and tackle one thing at a time (instead of tackling everything all at once, which is my natural tendency)


Another place I got a huge insight and kick in the right direction was in an email I received from a friend the other day. In one part of her email, she said "The less I have been consumed with myself, the more time I have to love and serve"... when I read this, I thought it about for ages afterwards, letting the words sink in and adapting them to my own life. Very powerful idea right there.



Happy days! xxx

0 comments: