Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 268 - 273

Well ... I'm back! Hello! I was going to wait until I had some newly finished renovations to show you guys... but I missed you all and I missed the blog.. so here I am :)

At some stage, I plan on enlarging and framing this picture for our bedroom... then decorate the room with this as the base.

It's been a pretty busy week.


1. More work done on the front lounge room (it's a bit of a understatement that I'm getting pretty sick of having things incomplete!) I'm really looking forward to showing you the new pictures very very very soon! Things are moving along and with luck, I'll be able to show you my newly decorated 'sitting room/reading room/having coffee and chatting with the candles and lamp producing a beautiful relaxing vibe room' :)

2. I was so happy to have TWO very enjoyable nights out at dinner with two of my lovely friends.

Lisa and I enjoyed a fantastic night out at Chatters Restaurant in Midland, then when the staff decided they wanted to go home and kicked us out, we continued on at The Principal Bar where we indulged in a champagne sitting outside under the heaters and chatting the night away.

Val and I had a great time at Penny Gardens Restaurant in the Swan Valley. I'd never been there before, so it was a real treat to try a new place, and dig in to some delicious food. The vibe in the restaurant was great, so relaxed and up beat.... a fantastic spot I'll definitely be visiting again! To say that Val and I can talk the place under the table is a bit of a under-statement. It's amazing that we even take the time to breathe with out non-stop chatting! A wonderful, relaxing night out.


3. I had a lovely outing by myself on Tuesday when the boys were at daycare. I wanted to get out of the house, so me and my camera went driving. I ended up just driving to Caversham and then trekking through a bush I found. I was in heaven with all the different plants and nature to photograph. The peace and quiet was pretty wonderful too. (Apart from my squeals every now and then when I heard rustling in a near by shrub or saw an insect run past my feet).


4. Wednesday's power off day, had us going to the park bright and early (and I mean early!) where we were not only rained out and ended up seeking shelter under a small rest area, but we met two elderly men with their dogs who they told us that they were friends and met every single morning, 7 days a week at 6.30am at the same park bench, to walk their dogs and chat. Isn't that gorgeous?! What a way to start the day :) It was a pleasure to meet them and Sam and Jacob were very happy to meet the doggies.


It has been a good week.

Kangaroo Paws are pretty special aren't they?






---------------------

Some very random Hipstamatic photos taken throughout the week!











---------------------

Drum roll please! It's time for .......

The Giveaway!

So, I bought a little something for myself the other day and while I was at it, I bought another one so that I could share a little love with one of you! 

Here's a little hint... it's pretty, it's silver (plated hehe), and you can wear it.....around your neck :) Good hint or what!

So all you have to do if you want to have the chance to get this little beauty, is simply leave a comment on this post and tell me what the best part of your week has been. Easy right?! That way I can be totally fair and generate a random number from the good old http://www.random.org/

Even if you've never commented before, or you've come across this blog along your travels and I don't know you (introduce yourself, I'd love to meet you!), or you haven't commented for ages.... doesn't matter! You ALL have to comment - don't be shy! Everyone welcome!

(Don't leave me hanging otherwise I'm going to feel like a total loser..... seriously hehe)

I'll announce the lucky winner early next week. 

---------------------

I'm happy to be back! x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok The first to comment.....
I had a great week catching up with friends and doing the gardening!!! which was very productive,we have a verge pick up so getting it all out! :)

Val said...

I'll be the 2nd then.....
Had a pretty normal week really...."run of the mill" stuff with the kids and caught up with some friends/family members....but the highlight for me was catching up with my gorgeous friend @ Penny Gardens on Friday night. We booked it 6 days prior....and that kept me going through the week!!! Thank goodness Friday came around and had a wonderful evening....you truly are a special friend and I cherish every moment I am with you.I really do think we could talk the night away!!!....Telethon is coming up??? xxxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Glad you are back!! Love the new photos! Ok, this week:
I went to Ilon's soccer practice, had some wonderful fall weather, and worked worked worked!! Ready for a break!!

Claire said...

Yay, you're back!!! Glad you had a nice break :-) Gorgeous photos, as always!

We had a stunning week of spring weather; lots of sitting out on the back deck in the warm air, including Mothers Group here, and enjoying BBQ'd food every night, after FINALLY buying a BBQ (have been without one for over 12 months since we moved!). Bliss!

Pam said...

Would have to be seeing my two beautiful nephews :-) Nothing beats seeing that gorgeous smile and getting that special hug.

Pam said...

Oh I loved seeing you to Trace :-)

Anonymous said...

Dad. Wonderful Pictures and very well written