Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 255 Makeover Time

After I dropped my boys off at daycare, I headed out to the shops to run some errands etc. A good productive morning... but I probably should have taken more care with my appearance. I'm seriously becoming one of those 'run down' housewives! 

I ran into an old friend, which was wonderful..... she looked amazing. I almost died when I went to the bathroom afterwards and saw myself in the mirror. I look tired and old! It doesn't really help that I also have a healing black eye thanks to Jacob who head butted me the other day, which just makes me look like I have bags under my eyes! Time to put some more effort in I think!

It's all good though - I've got some very healthy, very positive things put in place so hopefully soon you'll be seeing a new and improved Tracey! Yay! Watch this space!! The new me is on its way :) 

------------------------

Check this photo out. Unreal right?! It's from the TwistedSifter website I follow that has amazing daily photos (http://twistedsifter.com/). Just stunning!


Here's another favourite (Sea cave in Portugal):

------------------------

Amazing what a bit of colour can do. Goodbye boring beige bathroom mat & shower curtain in our ensuite... hello splash of blue!

Before & After

------------------------
I took some time today in the peace and quiet to snuggle up on the couch, wrap up in the blanket and read my book.. I was obviously pretty comfortable as I'd only read 1 page and I woke up 1 hour later :) What a rare treat!

Enjoy your evening my friends xx

2 comments:

izzie said...

Oh a nap sounds divine, so glad you got one! Love the pictures, they look like great places to visit! It's almost a sure thing that I will run into someone I know when I look like I just crawled out of bed, why oh why??

Claire said...

That photo of the Sea cave in Portugal is just amazing!!! Your nap sounds lovely, bliss :-)