Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 265 Carilley Estate

If there is one thing Lewy and I enjoy more than anything... it's going out for a meal to a gorgeous restaurant and experiencing new and delicious food. So, after Lewy taking an RDO and the boys being dropped off at daycare, we found ourselves in the very rare position of having a whole day together!


After a quick google search.. we decided to try Carilley Estate Restaurant in the Swan Valley. We'd never heard of this place before so it was a gamble... but one, we found, was well worth the risk :)


First up, the beautiful view from our table. As they were preparing for a wedding reception tonight, the place was pretty dead.. but we sat in the 'Mediterranean section' which meant we had a stunning view, and lots of privacy.



Next, the drinks. I'm actually supposed to be having a 'no drinking' few weeks.. but I accidentally ordered a Rose... oooops. It was delish, and Lewy enjoyed his London Ale.


Entrées - seriously, SERIOUSLY tasty! I had the Grilled Haloumi Salad (grilled goats and ewe cheese folded through a mesculin salad with semi-sundried tomatoes & a light mustard dressing). Oh boy.



Lewy had the Warm Turkish Bread with dukkah, Carilley home-made dip and olives with Macadamia oil.


Hello blue eyes :)


As it was a little (a lot) chilly out, the staff put on the heater for us... so warm and toasty.

Mains - I had the Pumpkin Risotto (with asparagus, sage, cherry tomatoes, spinach, parmesan and water chestnuts). Come on... this dish, wow. The parmesan melts into the hot risotto.. and every bite just melts in your mouth with amazing flavours. Oh love!


Lewy had the Grilled Beef Fillet (with broccollini and sautéed Portabello mushrooms served with preserved truffle potato gallete). He gave it a big thumbs up.


Overall, a fantastic location, attentive and friendly service mixed with delicious food.... perfecto!

Photography while driving..

and ... stopped at a traffic light!

************

And look what I picked up this morning ....


When I took Sam and Jacob to the Flight Centre yesterday to finalise the booking, I showed Sam on a map where we live and where America is. He said "Can we go to America today?" :) I actually feel a bit bad, as Sam keeps asking if he can go to America with me, if it wasn't such a long flight I might just consider it. Poor little chicken. I'll have to make sure I bring back a good pressie :)

************

You've got to love the age of technology.  I had to snap this photo of me updating my blog on the laptop, Lewy showing me something on the iPad, while I'm watching TV. (Points to the person who can guess what I'm watching!)


Happy Friday! x

1 comments:

Claire said...

Your day off and lunch with Lewy sounded just divine!! Food looked delish, too.

Our house is a bit the same :-/ iPhone, iPad, laptop, TV... it's a worry really isn't it?!!