Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 279 Perfection


Today was pretty much perfect. 

After trying to shake this cold for what feels like a lifetime, I made myself have a very very quiet morning and do nothing but rest. Which I must say was extremely hard. I came so close to making lots of plans and had to keep reminding myself that my body was begging for a rest. My boys went to daycare (and in case you are wondering if it seems like they are there a lot lately, it's just because the centre offered them some free days on Fridays - cool huh!) .. so after I dropped them off I had the day to help my body recover.


As soon as I got home, I jumped into bed and put on a movie. An older movie called - "Somewhere in Time" with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve. Have you seen it? It's about love, time travel (yes, time travel) and more love = perfect Friday morning viewing :) ... then I fell asleep and didn't wake until after 12.30pm. I guess my body was in dire need of sleep!

Once I woke up, I was so unbelievably relaxed and rested that I decided to do what I love doing the most... go for a drive, take my camera to see where we end up. After such a fantastic outing in Caversham the other day, I headed out that way again and found a new piece of bushland to explore.

Uh-oh....

I feel lucky.  To be able to drive 2 minutes up the road and before I know it I'm surrounded by bush land, listening to the birds, the noises in the bushes (which made me squeal even MORE than last time thanks to the news of the snakes), the peace and quiet.


I even had a moment where I stopped, mid dirt track, closed my eyes and said a thank you prayer to God for such beautiful surroundings and the opportunity for precious quiet time.


For the short time I was out, it felt like I was in another world. Taking in the scenery, the smells, the sound of rushing water with the nearby stream, the dirt track.... it was bliss. It really is my preferred world. Have I mentioned before I want to move to the country?!


You know what I heard on a certain show that I like to watch?... (Seventh Heaven)... insights galore - "Gratitude is the key the Happiness". That's so true right? Being grateful for what we DO HAVE rather than striving for what we don't have. That is happiness right there. And with that in mind - I am happy, so grateful and so blessed.



I want to bring my boys to this place...they would love it.







**************

Recipe time. I didn't take many photos tonight because my boys were all hanging around the kitchen, bellies grumbling, waiting for dinner.. so I had to be quick!

Chicken Piccata with Garlicky Green Beans and Corn on the Cob


I got the recipe for the Chicken Piccata from herehttp://www.grouprecipes.com/65835/pamelas-low-fat-chicken-piccata.html

Garlicky Green Beans, seriously these are fantastic! Lewy and I couldn't stop picking at them while they were cooking so a smaller number made it to the plate!

All it takes is some green beans, one teaspoon of olive oil, one teaspoon of garlic, and one teaspoon of Herbamare (or else you can use whatever seasoning you prefer). Stir together in hot saucepan with the beans. Oh boy, delish!


Boil corn on the cob, cook some brown rice.. and your meal is done!


*******

For ages now I've had on my 'to buy list' a chair and table set for the boys... I found this gorgeous set from KMart for only $25.. it's gorgeous and the boys love it :)




Hehe love this look on Sam's face!

********

An overall, gorgeous, perfect day.... and because I'm in such a good mood... another giveaway is coming up soon! Keep your eye out :)

Happy Friday xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

What a gorgeous day! Sounds so relaxing and peaceful. I really love the photos you took in the bush!

Val said...

Dinner=Drool!!
Sam...how cute...OMG that picture of him at the end is sooo cute!