Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 275 Renovations COMPLETE!

4 months since we started and I can finally say the renovations are basically complete! Let me walk you through the new room, come right this way.... 

I took this photo yesterday morning....

And this photo this afternoon... what a difference right? It looks like I still have some dusting to do...

I'm extremely pleased with the outcome, it has such a wonderful warm and cosy feel to the room and I can't wait to grab a book, curl up on the couch and relax! Who wants to come over for a cuppa?

My new frames! After falling in love with the idea of using string and pegs to create a photo frame, I decided to give it a go. My mum had given me these 3 frames, which were actually mirrors. So I removed the mirrors and secured the string.

I got the photos laminated so that they wouldn't curl and bought these little pegs from Officeworks. Although I do have some green wooden pegs on order that should arrive any day, so I'll be interested to see if they look better than the yellow ones.

I was worried that the frames would look tacky, but I'm actually quite happy with the result. The photos provide a really nice splash of colour.

My mum gave me the two cream paintings, and I bought the middle picture about 2 years ago for $2.50 from Red Dot! Who would have thought it would be the perfect addition to my reading room!

A splash of blue for the couch...

I'm in love with the new lamp. Target had a deal going, buy the lamp base and get the shade for free. Woohoo!

Some new candles....Target had 30% off, another woohoo!

I'm in love...

The study yesterday....(oh my OCD is having a heart attack...)

and the study today!

----------------------

If you haven't commented on the post for the Giveaway yet, make sure you do!!! I'll be announcing the lucky winner tomorrow :)

My body is mad at me at the moment for not giving it time to rest much over the last few days...therefore it feels even worse today and decided to share germs with Lewy who is now sick, poor guy :( No more crazy house work, time to put my feet up!

Happy days! x

3 comments:

izzie said...

Looks fantastic! Would love to join you for a cuppa!! Enjoy your new space:)

Claire said...

Wow it looks fantastic!!! Really love it! And the frames are excellent - very crafty indeed - I like a lot!!!

I would LOVE to come over for a cuppa... maybe on my next visit back to Perth ;-)

Val said...

Izzie and Claire...you both would LOVE the room!! I know I did!!! It truly is wonderful! It's a beautiful sitting room, very relaxing and makes you feel totally at ease...and the company...well...that is just the icing on the cake!!! The company is amazing.....xxx