Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 266 Op Shopping


The Op Shop is my new favourite Bookstore. I feel lost at the moment when I don't have a book to read, so I headed out to try get some bargains..


I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure Eclipse isn't an Auto-Biography :)

Bargains galore!


I managed to walk away with 4 books for only $17. Considering one new book usually costs between $20 - $30 odd dollars, I think I did pretty well!


1. The After Life Auto-Biography of Kathleen Stewart, a writer of short stories and poetry, who during her life dealt with drug addiction, two suicide attempts, time in a psychiatric hospital and the suicide of her father.

2. How Shall We Sing? by Aline P'Nina Tayar. The journey of a Jewish family.

3. Almost Heaven by Marianne Wiggins. A man trying to forget the experiences of war, a woman suffering amnesia after her family were killed in a freak act of nature... one fighting to remember, one fighting to forget.

4. Blurred Boundaries by Lee Smith. True Story of a Probation and Parole Officer who falls in love with an inmate.

So as you can see, just some nice light reading. Ha!



Happy Saturday xx

1 comments:

Claire said...

I really really need to get back into reading! It will only take one good book!!! I like the sound of your choices... heavy going, but good! Keep us posted ;-)