Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 278 A bit of this, a bit of that

The other day Lewy said "you've got to listen to this, I think it's your kind of song".... so he showed me the clip on youtube and after 5 seconds I said "nope, don't like it".. he told me to give it a chance, I said "nope, I really don't like it".... well turns out after hearing it a second time on the radio the next day, Lewy was right. I love it! Can't get enough of listening to it right now... so enjoy. And if you haven't heard it before, don't be stubborn like me ... give it a chance! :)



*******

Today was .... pleasant. Very pleasant. This sunshine is so uplifting, every chance I got I would sneak outside by myself before my boys could figure out what I was doing and grab a few seconds each time to let the sun warm my back, close my eyes and have a quick time out. I must admit I had a little smile on my face when little legs realised I wasn't around and would run outside to enjoy the sunshine with me.


Sam and I enjoyed a very mature morning tea together of tea and apple pieces with tahini...


and we picked flowers and stuck them behind our ears. It was lovely.


*******

Very, very long story short.... for the time being I've added seafood back into my diet. So... that's it. I have. Lots of reasons and a decision not at all made lightly but.... there it is.

So moving right along... one of the meals on our new eating plan is Herb Salmon with Creamed Style Spinach and Quinoa, which I made tonight.

You will need:
2 pieces of Salmon
1 tablespoon of Herbamare (picture below..one of the products from the Organic store)
1 teaspoon of Tarragon
I teaspoons of Coriander Crushed Seeds
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons of butter

For the creamed spinach:
1 spinach bunch
3/4 cup of natural yoghurt
Herbed goats cheese (add to taste)

For the Quinoa dish:
1 cup of Quinoa
3/4 cup of peas
1 carrot, sliced

1. First of all, mix the Herbamare, Tarragon, Coriander and lemon juice together and marinate the Salmon. Leave this to sit while you are preparing the rest of the meal.



2. Next, cook the Quinoa (1 cup Quinoa = 3 cups of water), and boil the carrots and peas at the same time.


3. Drain the Quinoa if necessary, and mix with peas/carrots...one part done!


4. Roughly chop the spinach, add to a saucepan with the yoghurt and as much goat's cheese as you prefer to taste (this creates a sauce for the salmon)

Herbed Goat's Cheese... so tasty. 

5. Time to cook the Salmon. Melt the butter on high heat and then fry Salmon until cooked (pour the remainder of the marinate sauce over the Salmon while it's cooking).


6. Top the Salmon with the Creamed Spinach Sauce.... and you are good to go!



*******

I got this recipe from here:
http://www.biblicalhealthinstitute.com/Resources/JordanRubinsRecipes/tabid/80/itemid/176/Default.aspx but altered it a bit to suit our cooking style and the ingredients that I had.

If anyone is interested in some fantastic healthy, wholesome but very tasty meals there is a whole stack here:
http://www.biblicalhealthinstitute.com/Resources/JordanRubinsRecipes/tabid/80/Default.aspx

The ingredients on this site are all organic, but you can use non-organic ingredients if you don't want to buy 100% whole foods, as it can certainly get a bit pricey. The beauty of these recipes is that are very easy, normal, realistic healthy foods that taste great no matter what ingredients you use. This is the 3rd night that I've cooked something from this site and I can already feel the difference and to top it off Lewy is very impressed with the meals so far and has given it a big thumbs up. Win. 


*******


Happy Thursday xx

1 comments:

Claire said...

That looks really yummy, but I have to admit you have WAY more patience in the kitchen than me!! I just don't enjoy it and cannot be bothered! Lucky my hubby used to be a chef hey :-P