Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 282 Monday madness


As luck would have it (or wouldn't have it), I unfortunately came down with a bout of gastro yesterday.... and spent the night sleeping on the bathroom floor. Fun! 

Instead of bringing me down though, it has only cemented my already strong resolve that it is extremely important to be healthy inside and out, so that when sickness comes, I'm in a better place to handle it. And also so I don't get that run down again that sickness follows me around like a lost puppy.

My very kind mother in law had Sam at her house for most of the day, so I could get some rest ... which turned out to be a major blessing as I continued to spend most of the morning in the bathroom again. I think this bug is passing as I'm slowly starting to regain strength ... as you can tell because I'm at the computer blogging and doing work! If I do it now, tonight can be dedicated to an early night and complete rest. 


Don't ask me why I did it, but when I picked up Sam ... I thought it would be fun to stop quickly on the side of the road so the boys could look at the cows and the scenery.. they loved it but all I could think about was how I would really love to not throw up in the vineyards and it was probably best to get home! A very short and sweet 'hello' to the cows, some photos and straight back home for us.




*************

Time for the Giveaway results! 

Just so you know it was all fair... random.org picked the number out of the 2 lovely people who left a comment... 

Congratulations Izzie! 

And Claire, because you are always such a faithful commenter, you have a little something coming your way too :) 

*************

Here's to a healthier day tomorrow! x 

2 comments:

Claire said...

On no you poor thing! Not horrible gastro :-( I hope you're feeling much much better very very soon!

Nawwww... I feel special now hehe!! You didn't have to do that... but thank you :-D

izzie said...

WAHOOOO! I never win anything:) I absolutely adore the 2 photos in the middle, the trees and the cows, they are captivating!! Pretty good for a sick photographer!!!