Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 300 Lost

Day 300! Ohhhh boy, 300 days have gone by in a flash. I'm actually a little sad that there is only (only ha!) 65 days left in the challenge I set for myself.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even when the days are up, I'll still be hanging around this blog like it's my second home. :))

*********

I wanted to spend a little time taking photos today while my boys were at daycare, so I thought mid-morning I would head out for a little while to Lightning Swamp Bushland in Malaga. I've never been to this place before but after my little adventure I now know this place inside out. :-/

This little guy was so cheeky. He flew right in front of me and kept going back and forth as if to say "Na na na-na you can't photograph me!" Challenge accepted my little friend... accepted and won! 1 point to me, 0 to birdie. 

I didn't even notice the ants on the stems until I got home and downloaded the photos .... 

I was really happy with the shots I got today, this place was filled with gorgeous flowers and new scenery.

I started walking... and walking... and walking... and then realised I actually didn't know where I was and which direction my car was in!

If it wasn't for the amount of beauty around me and the precious peace and quiet, I might have gotten very scared/annoyed.



Thank goodness for the trusty phone! The blue dot is where I was... the red dot was where I was supposed to be. Doh! It might look close, but trying to walk in thongs (yes I clearly didn't realise when I put thongs on this morning that I'd get lost in the bush!) and walking through the sandy path... it felt like fooorever! 



1.5 hours later... I found my way to a fence that I could climb over to walk back to my car. Phew! But that wasn't before Lisa called me and had to endure listening to me screaming and fussing because a blue tongue lizard was very unhappy with my presence and it frightened the life out of me! So I hightailed it up the fence and sat on top while I finished my conversation :)]



I'm not entirely sure if it's normal to get lost in the Lighting Swap Bushland, or if this little mishap is a very embarrassing show of my complete lack of direction. I'm going to conclude, because no one else is here to disagree, that it is very common to get lost in this small area. Agreed? :P




Least I got my exercise for the day... and then some. Go me!

Don't forget to tell me what your most favourite book is.

Happy Friday all! x

2 comments:

Val said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful flower pictures...just stunning....and glad to see hun you were all ready for your little trek....ie thongs!!! How cute!!!

ps my favourite book or author is Paul Coelho (The Alchemist). An old one but a favourite...wins hands down to Ricky Martin...shhh...top secret squirrel business!!!

ps ps...hope you enjoyed reading this tomorrow morning in bed...hee hee xxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous photos!!! Love them. It sounds like your sense of direction is just as terrible as mine!! I'm impressed you didn't panic though. I'd have panicked for sure!!