Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 286 Wait for it

I don't know why exactly.. but this picture made me giggle. Maybe I need to get out more?

HUZZAH! 

********

I'm in a really teary mood today. Do you ever have times like that? When everything is absolutely fine, but you just feel like crying anyway? (Please say you do?!) Well that's me today. Boys are at daycare, all is well, house is clean, I'm feeling good.... but tears are welling up in my eyes anyway. 

So guess what I did?

I watched this... 


OH MY. If the tears were just welling before, they are pouring now! Surprisingly, the big cry did me good! or maybe it was just watching that amazing clip of Emmanuel that did me good. Some people are just so special aren't they? Actually we are all really special, sometimes we just don't know it. 

Emmanuel has a gift... he has an amazing voice, a gentleness about him and a positive outlook on life.  We all have gifts, again... sometimes we just don't know what it is.  

This morning I was thinking (my poor brain) about how important it is to first of all realise what our given gift IS, and then to use it to the best of our ability. What we shouldn't do is look at other people and wish we had their gift. We are all different and all given different gifts for a reason. I'm only saying this because I do it a lot. I look at everyone else and think 'why can't I be like that, why can't I do something worthwhile or something special'. 

This morning I realised that I spend a lot of time kicking myself for not being as good as other people, that I had stopped trying to realise what MY given gift is and working on how I can use that gift to help others. 

So... I guess I have some more thinking/praying to do :P 

Do you know what your gift is?

********

Finally, to end the post on a funny note....

This is TOTALLY me! Ha!

Enjoy your Friday all, it's a beautiful day. I'm off to buy food to make my family a delicious dinner and to enjoy what is left of the precious peace and quiet! 

x

1 comments:

Claire said...

Yep I have days like that too - GO the hormones!!