Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 296-297 How Spontaneous!

I was going to update the blog last night, but after finishing my work my weary body was calling for bed.. so I had to listen. I told you guys this would happen.. you didn't believe me did you?! I stayed up past my bedtime the other night, then I become all irresponsible and out of control by not updating the blog and 'shock horror' not taking the clothes off the line yesterday while they were nice and dry.. told ya.. I'm a rebel now. Walking on the wild side. :))

Oh but there are consequences to this... dire consequences. Okay, not dire. That might be a little dramatic. But pretty annoying. My nice dry clothes are now soaking wet because the weather decided to turn and produce rain. If I was being responsible yesterday I would not be in this position right now. My name is Tracey and I am a wild child.=))

Hands up who thinks I need to get out more? :P

Seriously guys, when you stay at home majority of the time and most of your company is little people.. your sense of humour gets a little warped. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 

Right - let's go bloggin' !

**************

We had no plans yesterday and were planning on hanging out at home for the day. That was until I was doing the breakfast dishes and I decided I desperately needed some 'bush' time and we all could do with getting out. So within seconds, we were racing around, getting dressed, finding hats and shoes, packing a bag of food supplies.. and into the car for an adventure to John Forrest National Park. 

I love this place. I could move in there (into a house, not a tree .... although hmmm a tree house?)


Gross.

We stuck to the path and what was supposed to a little walk turned into a 1.5 hour walk! Sam was a trooper and Jacob.. well, he had the best seat in the house.



We made a game of finding flowers (secretly the real reason was so Mummy could photograph them hehe) but I had to keep an eye on Sam because every time we found flowers, he would push the pram right into the shrub so Jacob could experience the fun first hand.






Snack time.




Jacob ran wild... he was so excited to have freedom from the pram and made the most of it!



Guys. I did it again. I went through that 'scary/dark/murderer hiding place' tunnel. :-O It does not getting any less scary no matter how many times I go through this tunnel of terror. Sam was loving it, and kept trying to run ahead but I told him he had to walk close to me "because it's dangerous" which translated to "because I'm scared". I got him to sing me some songs as well, and we all joined in. Oh boy, if only he knew while I was singing 'ABCDEFG..." that my heart was about to jump out of my chest! Jacob didn't seem phased by the whole thing, he let me push him over all the rocks which I'm guessing he just thought it was a fun ride.

When we got to the end .. (after about 1 year).. Sam said "Let's do it again!". Ha! No way buddy. Note to self: Stop walking through that darn tunnel! That is Daddy's job from now on. Lucky Daddy isn't a big wimp like Mummy :P


A little rest ......


Beautiful country...I can't wait for when the boys are older and we can go bush walking instead of having to stick to the track. One day :)

**************

The day continued on the a spontaneous streak, and after lunch after making last minute  plans, we headed to Lisa's house for a catch up. Tea was had. Talking was done. Chasing after kids was to be expected :P A lovely addition to our day! 

And seen as me and my boys were walking on the 'unplanned catch up' wild side, we decided to pop past Val's house to say hello as well. I almost couldn't get Sam to leave as he settled in to play and then said "Go without me". Ha! 

What a treat of a day... fresh air, walk through the bush, catch ups with friends, play dates for the boys. Does it get better than that?

**************

Which brings us to today. 

My new laptop arrives today.. excited! 

I had a strange little morning. Life goes on smoothly, then *Bam* out of nowhere, my high expectations of myself come flooding over. As I was getting the boys' bags packed for daycare, I all of a sudden felt anxious and panicky. Has anyone here had a panic attack? If not, let me tell you... THEY ARE NOT NICE. I couldn't breathe. I opened the side door and stuck my head out to try catch my breath. It didn't take long for 2 little heads to pop out underneath me and look up.. "What are you doing Mummy?".. "Just breathing" ... breathe, in out in out in out. And when you can't breathe your heart starts pounding, which makes your breathing even more all over the place. And even though it was a cool morning, I was hot and couldn't get the layers off quick enough. 

The good news (haha there is always good news! Always! :) is that I knew exactly why I got anxious and panicky. Which meant once I had calmed myself down, I could actually use some logic instead of letting crazy emotions run the show. I won't go into details about what was on my mind but I will say that it stemmed completely from me having high expectations of myself and feeling overwhelmed when I felt I wasn't living up to those expectations. I seriously am my own worst enemy! Tracey, get a grip.. .. Okay, grip is got.. I'm back! B-)

Don't worry guys, I'm totally fine now and have worked through my moment of craziness (I'm an expert at that now.. it should be my full time job!)

Right, that's me all up to date, so now I'm off to get some work done. Happy Tuesday all x

2 comments:

izzie said...

What a lovely day!! I love the spontaneity! I am such a planner, it is hard for me to do things on the spur of the moment, I need to do that more:) The pictures are great!

Claire said...

Oh I love the photos you took at John Forrest! Gorgeous!

If you need to get out more... then so do I hehe!!! The dry washing getting wet thing... yep, TOTALLY hear ya!

Not panic attacks here, but I've had anxiety. Heart pounds but breathing stays in control... it manifested as more of a upset belly, feeling sick, and cold/shaky with me. It wasn't cool! Glad you recovered from it well!