Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 290 Let's go to town

I had to be at the Apple store in town by 8am this morning and because I don't like to be late for anything.. I thought it was appropriate to get there 40 MINUTES early.  If I was going for a job interview I totally would have gotten extra points for enthusiasm and time management. 

So... who's on board? I'm about to take you on a little journey through Perth. I had you all in mind as I went on this little adventure. I even embarrassed myself by looking like a total tourist amongst the suits and skirts as I strolled along being snap happy like I was on holiday. See how much I love you guys?! 

Right - let's go!

We started off by walking along Hay Street.. it was pretty, we all enjoyed the sights and we were feeling a little giddy that we were out and about in the real world all by ourselves without the kids.. .(I'm just going to pretend I know what you all would have been thinking as we took this little journey.. that's okay right?!


We all ooohh'd and ahhh'd over the lovely older building and the sun reflecting off the windows... then we took a right turn so we could venture along St George's Terrace.

We thought this place was totally cool, a cafe that is covered in potted plants! We all felt a little bit more environmental just by being in the same vicinity.

We stopped at the steps of one of the churches to take some photos ... we were also starting to feel a little embarrassed by being touristy..but we decided for the sake of the blog we'd keep going.

We then decided we must walk up London Court. We were all very impressed and wanted to buy something antique just to fit in, but we didn't because unlike normal people, we were in the city at a ridiculously early hour and no shops were open. Oh and also, we didn't have spare money to throw around! Sucks to be us right?!




We ended up walking through to Forrest Chase..



..and then we stood in front of the train station and took a random photo for some reason of people walking. We started to feel at this point that we were out of control with the iPhone and maybe we needed to reign it in a little.

But guess what?! We didn't! Go us! We continued to be a snap happy 'tourist' and snapped a few shots of the Wesley Uniting Church. We liked it here..



We liked it so much we went inside to sit down and enjoy the peace and have a little prayer.. a few of you sat in the back looking bored :P, so we stayed for 10 or so minutes and then sneakily took some photos to document this part of our journey.



Ohhh then guess where we finally ended up?! That's right, we went to the Apple Store and we all felt a little sad reading the tributes to the too soon passing of Steve Jobs.

But we felt better when we went inside the store. Seriously, WE LOVE THIS PLACE! I know I've said this before, but the Apple Store.. man, I love it. All the staff are so cool, everyone is all tech heady (we also like to make up words now too), anyway the store is just cool. 

Then we walked back to the car and headed home! But not before we parked and chatted with the ticket lady in the car park about how my morning had been and what I'd been up to in the city.. then we discussed how sad it was about Steve Jobs and then we said goodbye. We are pretty happy to talk with lovely strangers :)

So?? Did you all enjoy your outing with me this morning?! I promise to take you again on future journeys... just set your alarm early though, we like to be out and about crazy early... we are nuts like that :))

***********

After the Perth outing, I headed out to a very special catch up. It was a very big pleasure to meet 1 week old Jack! Oh my, what a beauty he is! Tina and Kim .. well done, well done!



Jack is a little dream, so relaxed and absolutely beautiful. He enjoyed snuggling on the pillow while I bombarded him with photo taking. I couldn't help it, he is just so precious!


Check out this gorgeous spread! For new parents, Tina and Kim ooze relaxation. They are natural born parents. I had told myself on the way over to their house, that I would only stay a little while as they would need their time together as a new little family and didn't need a visitor hanging around too long... it was such a lovely catch up and oh so relaxing, that after 2.5 hours I had to drag myself away to give them some alone time!

I totally blame Kim for my overstaying :P, as he bought out his fantastic camera and his lenses. Jealous. I'm 100% jealous! We chatted photography and I got carried away and completely sidetracked with looking at his photography work. Beautiful little Jack is not going to be short of amazing photos of himself!

Look how little and sweet Jack is! It's a beautiful thing to witness a mother like Tina so naturally adapt to the role of motherhood. Some people are just made to be mothers.. Tina, you are one of those people. 

***********

Happy, happy Tuesday! x 

2 comments:

Claire said...

Are you trying to make me homesick?!! Great photos, you're so funny LOL.

That photo of all the tributes to Steve Jobs stuck on the window of the Apple Store is sad :-(

Aaron and Izzie said...

Love the tour through Perth!! Hope I get to see it all in person, what a lovely city! And your necklace is darling, goes right along with that little one, almost makes me want another....