Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 288 Days like these

I had a sneak peak into my future today and I liked it.

Sam is getting older... he is meeting new friends and becoming a little more independent (if that is possible, he has always been pretty independent!). The family across the road has 3 boys. Yesterday, Sam stood at the edge of the driveway while I was weeding and stared at them. Then basically just included himself in the playing. Love it.  So when I was out again this morning (don't worry you'll be hearing alll about the rest of the weeding soon), Sam and his new buddies started playing straight away and he loved it.

They spent the morning together, riding bikes in each others driveway, sharing chips, and running around. Then their mother set them up on their front patio with a picnic blanket, juice and morning tea. It made me so happy. I loved seeing Sam so happy and enjoying playing with his new friends. I loved it when he came running back inside, asking for his hat.. and then being so happy telling me  "I'm just playing with my new friends Mummy".... it was a special moment for me.

*********

Weeding. Again. That's how many weeds I had, the job had to be shared over 2 days. Blah.

I took a quick break this morning (that's how early I started), while Jacob was sleeping and Lewy and Sam were at Bunnings, to sit outside and eat my brekky.

Told you... I wasn't exaggerating... and this is only a small amount of the weeds I'd already pulled!

Nightmare stuff to get out....


A few hours later, and the front garden was restored to its former glory.


My hands and feet are in desperate need of attention now.

*********

Lewy and I worked hard all morning .. me outside weeding, then cleaning inside.. and Lewy fixing in the door frame and finishing off some bits and pieces in the new study etc so that we are ready for the door to be fitted next week.

After all that hard work, Lewy's choice of relaxation is to watch Bathurst while waiting for the F1 to come on, then to top it off he is taping the Rugby which he will watch afterwardsAs for me? my choice of relaxation is updating the blog. Wow, I know how to live it up! :P

*********

Time for Sunday's Stuff!


Love this print... 4 seasons..

Stunning necklace...

I can totally see myself sitting on this chair, with my feet up sipping on a glass of white. Hmmm how to arrange this? :P

 Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes... anyone want to come over for breakfast?
www.pickycook.com

Love this idea... 

This brings back memories... I was right into The Babysitters Club. Did you read these books too?

Haha - too funny!


Oh my...how cute!

Happy Sunday all! xx

3 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Loved the babysitters club! I'd read them again I think...love love the necklace, have seen that before and it's gorgeous! And yes I would love to come for breakfast! Looks delish!!

Claire said...

Good work on the weeding hun - that was a big job!! How SWEET, Sam with his new friends! Awww bless, so so cute!!

YES YES YES I read the Babysitters Club!!! Wow, memories!!

Val said...

YAY for The Babysitters Club...now I do and will admit to reading maybe....1 of these books..not the biggest reader but it was the "in" thing at school...not sure if i finished it though?? Does that include me as a reader?? :-( And those prints of the trees/leaves etc...wow...LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!