Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 308 A new addition to our family

I'm very excited to announce that there will be a 5th member of our family, due ..... (guys seriously, you didn't really think I'd be pregnant?! No no no no no nooooooooooo, gosh NO).

but in all seriousness we do have good news, and it does involve a new 5th member of our family :) A decision NOT made lightly, with lots of research, talking and planning done... so yesterday after making a very special phone call, we headed out to Maddington...


so that we could choose our new little family member... say hello! He is only 5 weeks old, so we have to wait 3 more weeks to bring him home.. but he is worth the wait :)


We knew we wanted a male dog (my bias for boy babies seems to include puppies as well!) and we knew we wanted a tan colour. The moment we walked in, I picked up this little guy as he stood out and it turns out he was the only male tan pup. Awwwww, meant to be :P

We knew we wanted a full breed pup as we wanted to be able to research the nature and behaviour of the dog so we had an idea of what we were in for. Our little guy is an English Staffy (and before anyone freaks out thinking they are at all like Pit Bulls... they are absolutely not, in fact Staffy's are quite the opposite in nature and extremely wonderful family and child friendly dogs). If you are wondering why I am taking time to explain this... it's actually for my Dad's sake who I know will be reading this and starting to stress out... don't worry Dad! This link is just for you :)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

I'll be looking forward to updating you guys when we get to bring him home in 3 weeks time. :)

************

I apologise for the iPhone pics. I must get out with camera soon, I'm starting to miss it.


This is Sam right now. He has been helping Daddy clean out the garage, a big and tiring job to say the least.


************

Off to sit outside and enjoy a Saturday dinner BBQ on this glorious sunny day! x

2 comments:

Val said...

Great news about your new lil addition....the boys will love having a puppy....make sure you get lots of puppy toys otherwise the boys toys will have lots of chew marks in them!!! How exciting!!! :-0

Claire said...

Oh my gosh!!! Squueeeee A PUPPY!!! I'm so proud of you, doing all your research and buying a purebred pup etc. THAT is how it should be done :-) He's soooo cute. Wonderful news!