Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 285 Thought processing.. be warned!

I was having a chat with my mum this morning, and I was talking (whinging) about how sometimes I feel like such a bad mother. These feelings usually come pretty much straight after I finish reading certain popular blogs, where the Mum's writes about the joys of motherhood, how wonderful her children are and how amazing life is alongside many perfect pictures of children dressed beautifully, amazing outings and never ending crafts, sports, and child-hood fun. 

I don't know about you.... but I feel like that oh, let's say 10% of the time?! The other 90% I feel tired, exhausted, frustrated, worried that I should be doing more, doing better, doing something different, desperate for a break... you get the picture. 

Don't get me wrong, I actually love reading those positive blogs because I love the photography, the writing and the life... it's just that sometimes I want to scream 'NO ONE'S LIFE IS THAT PERFECT, show me what your life is REALLY like!!!'.

Making bread..

But then I thought about yesterdays post... where I put up lots of pictures of our boat trip and told you all about what a fantastic day it was....and the day looked amazing right? It WAS a fantastic day but I shamefully realised, that I actually didn't include all the mishaps and frustrations throughout the morning either. The times where Jacob was getting overtired and wouldn't stop crying, where Sam kept wanting to run around all over the boat and it was stressing me out, and when he wouldn't listen to me and kept being naughty... the list goes on.


I didn't include these things not because I wanted to pretend my kids are perfect or my life is perfect (we ALL know how untrue that is! ha!) it's because when I got home and downloaded my pictures... those frustrations didn't seem to matter anymore. All I thought about was how lovely it was to get such a treat, and to enjoy the beautiful morning.

Painting a ceramic monkey... cute!

But then, in doing that... I'm just another one of those blogger people who portray the great and not the tough. NOT that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not sure I want to do that? I'm not sure I want someone to be reading my blog wanting to scream at me ''Show me what your life is REALLY like!!!'. (Not that they would, I think it's safe to say I've disclosed enough lately for everyone to know I'm pretty much a mess!)

Hmmm.... it's an interesting dilemma. (If you haven't noticed, I'm actually processing my thoughts as I'm writing... how are you enjoying an insight into the workings of my brain?! Scary right)

A morning trip down to the river... fantastic spot and friendly pelican (sorta, he was just waiting for a fisherman to throw him food). 

I think there needs to be a balance. A balance between being open about the mishaps but not focussing on them? That's sounds like a good plan. I always try to make sure I'm keeping my blog open and honest and not falling into the trap of holding it all in (which I tend to easily fall back into)... but at the same time I don't want to be negative or so depressing that you all feel like crying every time you read my post! ha!


Wow, all this responsibility for a little blog! I'm joking. One day I plan on printing out all of my posts as a little keepsake. Maybe years down the track I can look back on this and remember all the things I did do with my children and not have to wonder if I didn't do enough.


My heads hurts a little from all of that processing... I'm not entirely sure of what it is I'm actually supposed to processing .. but there you go! My brain never has a lack of work to do.

Moral of the story? - To be honest about our lives so that we can all feel free to be ourselves and admit when we are finding things tough? Let's just go with that shall we!!!


Only a few hours left of our Mandurah trip and we'll be heading back home to reunite with Lewy/Daddy. Can't wait :)


My mum has very kindly prepared dinner for me to take home for tonight (and an extra dish to put in the freezer for another night).  Not only that we have a gorgeous Apple crumble courtesy of Sam, and a nice fresh loaf of bread baked this morning. Lucky or what?! Lewy is going to be happy .. we come home bearing yummy gifts.
Sam watching intently as the fisherman threw the leftovers to his friend.
 Right, now to make a cup of tea and enjoy the last moments here.


Happy Thursday all.. xx

3 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Trace may I have your address please??

izzie said...

Refreshing as usual blogpost by the way...

Claire said...

You're a wonderful Mummy to your boys, and far too harsh on yourself :-) xxx