Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 289 Sunshine and lollipops

and Rainbows. Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're togeeetttthhher. La la la-la-la...

I thought it was a good post title and now I can't get the darn song out of my head. My feet are tapping under the table and my body has gone into jiggy mode. (That's a bad visual right?) Sorry guys... is Jiggy even a word? It my mind it means bopping to the music... oh wow.. bopping :)) Calm down Tracey.. calm down.


Onwards we go!

What an extremely pleasant day it has been... this makes me very happy :D So does this gorgeous weather. So does my boys being good little chickens today. So does the house being clean and washing done and so does a lovely catch up with my mother-in-law. :)

My gardening buddy.. although he was pretty lazy when it came to helping me do the weeding yesterday. 

Instead of Sunday night being reserved for Terra Nova viewing.. we've had to move it to Monday night. Turns out I'm actually an 80 year old in a 32 year old's body and need to go to bed crazy early. Waiting up till 8.30pm for the show to start is just a little too 'party animal' for the likes of me. Whatever happened to those days when I used to stay up till 4am dancing? Oh that's right... KIDS happened!! It's a good thing I actually prefer crawling into bed nice and early so I'm ready to tackle the next day refreshed... look at me go, I am out of control! ha!


All of that was just to say that I'm looking forward to curling up beside Lewy this evening and watching 'our show'. Nothing like getting to the point is there :)



***********

Some special announcements:

1. This is a belated announcement, but a very important one! A huge congratulations to Tina and Kim on the safe arrival of their lovely little baby Jack! He was born last week and I cannot wait to meet him! 

2. Welcome back to WA Val & Sonny! They jet setted to QLD for a wedding and by the sounds of things, they had a ball! It's good to have you back in the same time zone Val, things aren't right when you are not here! 

3. That's it.. but those 2 announcements are pretty special!

4. Oh oh I do have something else. Tomorrow I will be dying my hair ... again. Another home dye job, but a new colour. I can't be stuck to one colour, I'm too indecisive for that and start to feel bored if I have to stick with the same thing for too long (Disclaimer: husband, children and friends not included). Wish me luck. If I don't post a picture tomorrow it means things went horribly wrong. 

***********

I NEED this sign at my front door: (I know... I'm STILL going on about weeds? I'm not a natural gardener am I? I act like I've successfully run a marathon.. when I've simply pulled some weeds! Seriously though, it's a major deal in my head :-/). 



***********


Our 'wilderness' out back is dying... :( Time to mow I think!



Sam's new egg friend.. we'll see how long it takes for this one to be broken and oozing out onto the floor...

Time to sign off... dinner to prep and kids to pay attention too. Happy evening all! x

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hehehe!! I love the mood you were in when you did this post - hilarious!

Yes, jiggy is most definitely a word!

Hope you enjoyed your show last night!

Welcome earthside baby Jack (naawwwww!) and welcome home Val & Sonny. I SO know what you mean about the time zone thing. Al and I are much happier creatures now that we're on the same time zone!!

Val said...

Thanks Claire for the warm welcome home!! Stunning pics and oh yes...I agree...baby Jack is soooo adorable and Tins and Kim are just natural...they are going to be great parents!~ x