Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 305 Bar stools

Still sick ... blah :(

Couch, blanket, sleeping, watching 'Keeping Up Appearances' re-runs, more sleep. Luckily, due to Friday being a public holiday, the boys were able to swap their daycare days and go today instead. What timing.


I have been well behaved and rested all day apart from 30 minutes. When my father in law took me to pick up some bar stools I bought off Gumtree. Is it just me, or are bar stools crazy expensive? No way am I paying over $100 for ONE bar stool! Insane! So I've been keeping an eye on Gumtree for the last week or so, and last night 3 gorgeous solid jarrah bar stools came up for sale ... for $30 each! Score. The lady was also selling some brand new kids lego type packs, so I managed to pick up another early Christmas present for Sam - a Police Station that he can make, complete with car etc. He will love it and I got it at a bargain price. I love when I find good deals like this.

Our old bar stools.... (WAS 4 before they started breaking). I bought these stools for $15 each (I know!) out of the Quokka the very weekend that Lewy and I moved into this house. Over 6 years ago. Money well spent right?


Our new bar stools....they look great and fit in perfectly.

You know, thinking about the weekend that we moved into our house and I bought the bar stools... got me thinking about all that this house has seen: Our wedding and the first home our 2 children had after coming home from the hospital. When the day comes that we sell this place, it will be a sad goodbye. Lots of memories in this place. *sob sob* Being sick makes me sappy and reflective... bare with me.

Oh and the weekend we moved in also saw me drop my glass of red wine all over the kitchen floor. The first but not the last time. I have a bad habit of breaking every single wine glass I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I have also been known to drop other people's wine glasses as well. Yikes! And noooooo, not because I was drunk (I don't think?) :P 


Right, that's enough for today. Need more sleep. x

2 comments:

Claire said...

Sorry you're stick not well... but these things generally do hang around for longer than a couple of days!! Might be a little while yet :-(

Love the new bar stools! TOTAL bargain!

Val said...

LURVEEEEEEEE the new bar stools...OMG I think they match better!!! It's like they were always meant to be living with you guys...and a TOTAL bargain!!!! xxx