Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 104

The trouble with blogging.... is that it can sometimes (or a lot of the time) give a false sense of what your life is really like.  You can pick and choose the photos you add in, the information you share, and how you portray your days. 

When I started this blog, it was really for photography purposes only ... to get me taking more pictures, which then led to me taking photography more seriously and gave me the challenge of practising as much as I could. So of course ... I would only post my 'best' photos.. the edited, finished, better quality ones. 

Then I started to add more information about our daily lives... alongside my 'best' photos. This combination, I have recently become aware, portrays my life in a much more edited, clean, smooth-sailing, cruisy light than it really is!

The life you see through this blog.. is the best bits, the edited, clean and happy bits. Which is fine considering the theme for my blog has always been photography..BUT today's post is going to go against the theme and be dedicated to the other side of my life....the real, unedited, unclean, messy side of my life. 

All the photos in this post are unedited, not set up, and I even used the FLASH for some of them which I hate hate hate doing. These are pictures I took this morning, they are 'point and shoot' to capture our morning and no effort whatsoever has gone into taking a decent photo! 





What I don't include in this blog, are photos of the days where things go really wrong! For example, moments like:

-Going to an appointment recently with the boys, and Sam was so naughty, and I was at the end of my rope and cried the entire way home, 
-or the days where everything goes wrong... the kids are irritable, I am irritable, the house is messy, and all I can do is sit on the couch and put my head in my hands and wish the day would hurry up so we can all go to bed. 



One of my biggest flaws (one of MANY!) is that I'm pretty bad at admitting when I'm struggling... not because of pride... it's more... self-preservation. When I'm at my worst, is when I usually put on my biggest smile. It's a bad habit... I'm working on it :) 




So my life is most definitely not all parks, sunshine, smiling happy children,yummy food, playing and laughing.... don't get me wrong, those moments are absolutely real, and those moments are the ones that get me through the not-so-pretty moments in life and make it all worthwhile. 


There are lots of time-outs, yelling, tantrums, telling-offs, stress outs, noise and chaos...

but there are also the fun times, the sweet, quiet times, where Sam will hug and kiss me and say "I love you sooooo much Mummy" and Jacob will crawl into my lap for a hug, where we are all laughing and are happy enjoying being with each other.... those are the moments I like to capture for this blog :)


Right, that's enough 'real' for one day! x

5 comments:

Val said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What a blog!! Definitely VERY real and I now feel human....lots of tears, immagination and good laughs!! Classic pics...I love them!!! xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

amen:)

Claire said...

Awww Trace! Thanks for sharing the not-so-rosy side of your life!! It's not as nice to blog about as all the nice happy bits though is it?!! Hehe!! xx

Jot said...

Love this post, I know these days well. :)

Pam said...

What a great post - love the turtle eating bread.