Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 109

Wow, today was a big day! As I'm typing this I have a glass of wine poured, kids are in bed, Friends re-runs are playing on TV... this feels good!

Background story... months ago Sam decided to give my iPhone a bath. It wasn't pretty. So out comes the good old Nokia, and by old I mean OLD. I found out once your iPhone is water damaged, warranty is void and from my research, Apple will swap you for a new phone for around $200. Seems easy enough but first of all, parting with $200 or more is hard when it feels like such a waste! and secondly, to get this organised I had to venture into town. 


No big deal you say? Well ... probably not.. but with 2 kids, the thought didn't bring me a huge amount of joy so I have been putting it off for a very long time. After lots of organising, I was originally going to take Sam in for a trip to the city while Pam and Jacob had some Aunty/Nephew time... but in the end it was a real treat to venture into the city as a foursome instead to get to the Apple appointment.


After some rushing down the street to make it to my appointment, we finally found the place... and man, the Apple store is COOL! Walked in feeling like I was cool and funky just for being in the place! ha! Met with one of the cool staff to show her the results of an iPhone that went for a swim.... and you won't believe what she said. 

"As a first time customer with Apple... etc etc etc we will replace your phone for FREE"... I could have climbed over the counter and hugged her! FREE! That's a big deal! Within minutes, she was putting my sim card (oh wait till you hear this.. it took 3 of us to get the darn back of the old Nokia off just to get my sim card out!.. the staff at Apple are probably having a giggle over a drink right now at the woman who was using such old technology..) into my lovely new iPhone.. and I was good to go! 

Thank you Apple, thank you lovely staff member... 

The best part? I was able to recover all my phone numbers and photos that were on my phone! I'm back in business baby! 


Sam had a great time. I think he was most excited about pressing the buttons for the traffic walk. 



Shops I will most likely never shop in...


A gorgeous church.... I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked of the city. But we were hungry and tired and frankly I think my sister Pam was embarrassed about the 'tourist' walking next to her taking photos of anything and everything.. :) 

Love this... Sam was getting tired by this stage and showing off his superman pants while taking a rest. 



I can't finish this post without talking about my sister Pam. Seriously... she is my guardian angel. She really is. If it wasn't for Pam's help I would never get to any dentist, doctor, Apple store etc appointment, she loves my boys just like they are her own, she helps me, she listens to me, she is always there for our family... words just cannot express how much she means to me and my family. She is my angel.


When we pulled into our garage after our big day out, the boys were asleep in the back, the radio was going, the car was still running and basically I was too tired to get out of the car... so took some photos in the mirror. 


It's been a big day.. but thanks to Pam's help, it was productive and Sam told me tonight as I tucked him in... "The best part of my day was going to the city.... and Mummy getting her new phone". Cute, but if he thinks he is even putting one finger tip on my new phone he has another thing coming! 

In other news, I finally finished the book! 'Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett, all 1076 pages of it. It was so good. And the best part... there is a sequel. It's sitting on the kitchen bench, just waiting for me to pick it up and start reading it :)

Busy, tiring but happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Val said...

What a great BLOG!!! What an exciting day and all of you guys went!! WOW....how exciting and the photos are just stunning!!! The buildings look wonderful!! How cute are you....taking a picture into the rear vision window....you must be exhausted and I bet that glass of red is tasting good!!! xxxx

Claire said...

I can't believe they replaced the phone for free!!!! How cool is that?! Sounds like a very busy day but well worth the effort ;-)

Pam said...

Thanks Trace had a great time with you and the boys.