Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 124

I must be in a 'photo' rut. Actually, I did take some close up photos of the plants outside, which I liked... but I'm pretty sure my readers (all 4.... who I LOVE so much :) might want to throw something at me if I keep posting pictures of the plants in my garden!

I had a brilliant idea early this morning... well, in my head it was brilliant at least. I was going to take a picture of literally everything I did today, even the boring cleaning chores.. I started out great and took a pic right in the middle of breakfast time.   That was the first and last photo I took! I got so preoccupied with another cleaning spree (this time the study and linen cupboard where in my sights).. and before I knew it, the day was almost over! So... I might save that idea for another day.

Here is the breakfast photo. I don't know why Sam is trying to take his top off, and poor Jacob is hidden by the bench, you can only see the top of his head. Full Aussie brekky = Weetbix and Vegemite on toast. (Sam requested cheese on top.. so I went with it).


I did however, take a quick coffee break once Jacob went down for a nap,  so I could finally rest my feet in the arvo and I came across this photo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbandy75/5647271826/in/photostream/  It takes my breath away. A stunning macro shot. I'm right into macro's at the moment, so I find it really enjoyable to check out Flickr on a regular basis to 1. get ideas 2. see how bad I actually am at photography and 3. basically just take pleasure in such beautiful and stunning work. Isn't it an amazing shot?!

On my wish list is a Macro lens... but wow they are expensive. One day :)

-----------------------

Now, I wrote that first part a few hours ago... and I know I promised no more plant photos.. BUT LOOK! I went out again (all the way to my backyard) later this afternoon to try my luck at some more interesting photos and look who I found!



That's all for today...but let me just say... tomorrow, I'm going to publicly admit it ... I'm watching the Royal Wedding! not only that.. but I'm EXCITED about it! My poor boys, they have no idea, that come 2pm the TV will be all things wedding. I might even take a photo of me and the boys, chilling out, enjoying the festivities. :) 

Very happy, organised, productive Thursday! x

3 comments:

Pam said...

How funny Sam starts taking his clothes off during breakfast. Love the photo with the ladybug so pretty the purple then red and black. Thanks for the link such a stunning picture - I may be biased but I think yours are better :-)

Val said...

Love the pics of the flower and ladybug...I agree with Pam...the colour contrast is amazing!!

Claire said...

I do love your ladybug photo!! And the great Aussie breakfast pic is very "REAL"!!

Checked out the link, it is an incredible photo... you can do just as good as that my love!!