Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 120

Happy Easter! It certainly has been a happy day for us. :)

Our gorgeous 9 month old Jacob... took his very first step! And the best part... Lewy and I were both there to witness it. I'm sure the neighbours were wondering what on earth was happening...as I squealed with delight when he took that very special first step! To make it even better.. he walked towards his Daddy :) Lewy and I were over the moon and making a whole load of happy noise, and Jacob got more confidence up and took another step ... all the while Sam was preoccupied with wanting to climb onto Daddy's back and play horsey :)

This morning Sam woke up to a trail of small chocolate eggs (or rooster eggs as he kept calling them!), leading to the garden.  We had a great time following the trails and finding the goodies I'd hidden throughout. Sam had a ball, and so did Jakey as he followed behind picking up the egg trail. But I didn't get one photo! I was too busy in the moment, enjoying the adventure with my boys :)

I always enjoy when it rains, as it gives me a chance to take some different kinds of photos.



I'm right into my new book... the sequel to Pillar of The Earth. This one is called 'World Without End'.


Sam and I filled in some time while it was raining, by putting stickers on each other.. 

 Sam requested this many stickers... and I had to oblige!


Our plans on heading out to a park were almost put on hold when the rain came... but we decided to risk it when the weather seemed to clear up a bit. Before we arrived at the park, we took a drive through the tunnel and around Northbridge. 



We spent some time at the Maylands foreshore.. it was gorgeous. 


I'm especially fond of this photo...

Sam loved taking his bike for a proper ride along the path...

and Jacob loved hitching a ride with Dad...








Hope you all had a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Val said...

Great pictures....love the picture of Jacob and Lewy in B&W!!! What a great day and the pics of the foreshore are just gorgeous!!! Sounds very very relaxing!!! xox

Claire said...

His very first steps, how exciting for you guys! Congrats, again!!

Amazing photos, and the leaf looks like it is leaping out of the photo in the one you're especially fond of!! I can see why. Very clever.

I love looking at your photos, and you inspire me to try and take half decent ones with our new toy whenever I get the chance!!

Pam said...

I have to get a copy of the 7th photo - I love it. So excited to hear Jacob is walking.