Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 121

I was feeling quite reflective this morning, as I sat outside with my coffee while the boys played. Even with having a small backyard, it never fails to provide inspiration for photo taking.  I decided .. in line with my reflective mood... to focus on the small details in the garden. To enjoy the finer, smaller, beautiful things around me, that can be so often missed in a busy day.







Ahhh, hello beautiful sun....


To take this photo of the snail, I had to lay on my belly on the rocks and wriggle under the shrubs - not easy! Sam kept saying "Be careful of the spiders Mummy!"... that is NOT what you want to hear!



And finally, the most beautiful of the small things in the garden.....my boys :)

You have probably noticed... I love taking close up photos of my boys hands, feet and faces...I know one day years from now, I will look back on those tiny features when my boys are men, and be so glad that I captured them as my little boys, with their little hands, and feet and noses and those gummy smiles :) 


Brothers, sharing secrets...

Lest We Forget... A tribute to the heroic ANZACs... 25th April 


They shall not grow old,
As we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning,
We will remember them.
Lest We Forget

from ‘For The Fallen’ Laurence Binyon


xx

2 comments:

Val said...

AMAZINGGGGGGG pics....How do you come up with these great ideas to take pictures of in your garden....your eye for detail is amazing!!!!! xxx

Pam said...

I love the photos of the boys together, you can just the bond between them already