Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 115

I can't help it.. I'm drawn to the sun :) 

Some footy in the afternoon with Sam...for a 3 year old, this boy can catch and throw a ball very well! I was quite impressed! 


-------------------------------

I have a very dear friend, Bev, who I met many years ago during my time with YWAM (Youth With a Mission). She is one in a million... a fantastic person, great for a laugh and very passionate about missionary work. Specifically, missionary work in India. She spent a number of years in India working with the children and people in need, and is now back home in Melbourne where she is working for an organisation that provides support to missionaries all over the world. 

Bev (and others) are currently preparing for the next goal .. to walk from Sydney to Melbourne (1173kms!) starting 1st October for 6 weeks in order to raise money for the Dalit Children of India. Along the way they will be stopping in churches and schools to talk to them about their journey and the situation of the children in India. Read more here www.walkforthekids.com.au and also http://www.facebook.com/walkforthekids

If you could, it would be great if you would vote for Bev in the Sunsuper Dreams competition. The winner receives a $5000 grant towards their goal. See Bev's profile to vote :) http://sunsuperdreams.com.au/dream/view/walk-for-the-kids. 

I'll keep you updated on her journey as she and her team begin their 6 week walk in October, and hopefully soon I'll be able to post an entry from Bev herself just for my special blog readers - watch this space :)

-------------------------------

Me and the boys spent some time this afternoon hanging out...

Val, this is what I was doing when you called me... I took this pic just before the phone rang :) Clearly, I'm being productive!  Oh but look.. I got out of my PJ's today! :) 

Jacob, with a leaf stuck to his nappy... hehe cute. 

-------------------------------

In other news, I booked our plane tickets today for our upcoming holiday.. yay! Excited! Bali here we come... can you imagine the pictures I'll be taking on that holiday??!! It will be photo overload! Can't wait :).. This will be our first holiday as a family of 4. Last time we went on holiday was to Pemberton when we were a family of 3 with Jacob in my belly... 



It's been a good day :) x

1 comments:

Pam said...

You will have a great holiday, Love the photos of the boys playing